atmeal is one of the best vegan options to start your day on a very high note. Period. A balanced vegan diet can increase your energy level, make your skin look younger, improve your digestion amongst countless other benefits. “Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.” – Albert Einstein.
This vegan yogurt recipe will blend all your ingredients together in an overnight Swiss Style Oatmeal, or as we Swiss say it, our Müesli.
This so easy to make creamy vegan yogurt is a mix of water, cashews, probiotics, apple cider vinegar powered by a good blender. We use a Vitamix. Packed with cultured, fermented, good gut bacteria, this loaded vegan yogurt will satisfy you completely and keep your flora super active and most importantly, in check.
Blend all ingredients together, then pour it into a glass bowl or tall jar. Emphasis on glass, no plastic is allowed here guys. Now you can add in your probiotics, then using a wooden spoon or a silicone spatula, stir it in for a good 2 minutes. We use the the same probiotics to prepare our Vegan Kefir.
Cover the bowl/jar with some cheesecloth or even a clean dry paper towel and secure with a rubber band. Place in a warm, dry place. After leaving it for the full 48 hours, the yogurt should be much thicker and ready to mix.
- 2 cups cashews soaked overnight
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- pinch sea salt
- 1 ½ cups clean filtered water
- 2 probiotic packs
Once your vegan yogurt is ready for the mix, add your oatmeal, apples or any other fruit of your preference, top it up with dried raisins, nuts, flaxes and seeds – so delicious, not only full of fiber and protein, but easy to make ahead of time for a quick and healthy breakfast on the go! Your overnight winner, for reals.
- 4 table spoons of raw oats or other raw grain mix
- 1 large cup of the vegan yogurt mix previously prepared
- 2 table spoons of almond milk or rice milk ( only in case you don’t like yogurt)
- 1 glass of orange or apple juice
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 coffee spoon of honey or maple sirup
- Dried fruits, e.g. raisins, cranberries, apricots, apples
- frozen fruits
- nuts or seeds
- berries, banana, figs, etc as a final topping
View this post on Instagram